SERVICE, WARRANTY & MAINTENANCE
Due to the large selection of products we carry at PlayN Wisconsin and ensuring our customers receive the most up-to-date and accurate warranty information, we encourage our customers to email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, address, and best method to reach you and we will not only provide the warranty information; but then, assist in the warranty process.
MOVE & RELOCATION
Moving and want to bring along your swing set, basketball hoop or trampoline? No Problem!
Who can make it easy for you? PlayN Wisconsin can! We can move your swing set and have it relocated all in the same day. We move all types of play systems such as Woodplay, ChildLife, Rainbow Play Systems, Cedarworks and Backyard Adventures and Play Nation to name a few. We also will fully dismantle sets in preparation for your moving company or reassemble if you just moved in. Simply email us a photo of the product you would like relocated and the address where it will be moving to and from and we will be happy to provide you a quote.
POWERWASHING & STAINING
Is the play system in the backyard looking a little weathered?
Looking to freshen up your play set? PlayN Wisconsin can bring it back to that new look for you. All wooden swing sets left unsealed outside eventually succumb to the elements. So protect your investment by keeping it stained and sealed. Even if that gray look has set in, it’s not too late. To bring it back to new, we’ll powerwash the surface to remove the gray and create a clean surface and then apply a fresh coat of stain/sealant. Send us a photo of your swing set and we’ll be happy to provide you a quote. We stain all brands of play systems such as Woodplay, ChildLife, Rainbow Play Systems, Cedarworks, Backyard Adventures & Play Nation to name a few.
PREVENTATIVE & MAINTENANCE PACKAGES
Keeping kids playing safe is our top priority.
At PlayN Wisconsin we offer you Preventative Maintenance Packages to have peace of mind when it comes to safe play. On an annual or bi-annual basis we will go over the play set and tighten any hardware that has loosened, grease and lubricate moving components, and provide you with recommendations on items that question the safety and integrity of your wooden play system. We can help keep your kids safe no matter the brand of swing set you have from Woodplay, ChildLife, Rainbow Play Systems, Cedarworks, Backyard Adventures & Play Nation to name a few. Just email us a photo of your swing set and we will be happy to offer you a quote.
GENERAL PRODUCT MAINTENANCE
After the winter months and warm weather is approaching, families are beginning to transition outside the home to play on their favorite outdoor products. At this time, it is beneficial to perform the following checklists if you own a wooden swing set, trampoline, or basketball system; both for safety purposes and protecting your investment.
General Maintenance of Wooden Swing Sets
- Check nuts, bolts and acorn nuts and tighten as needed
- Inspect swing seats, swing hangers, chains, ladders, slides, ropes and wood components for signs of deterioration or sharp edges
- Spot sand any spots that are cracking or splintering
- Check to make sure all ropes (Rope Ladder and Ramp Rope) are tight with no slack that can be overlapping on itself
- Check to make sure there are no gaps between the slide bed and the slide bolts
- Verify all suspended items are secured (ropes and chains)
- Grease the tire swing swivel
- Clean all plastic parts with an organic dishwashing detergent
- Clean all vinyl coated parts (rungs, brackets, etc.) with a bathroom tile cleaner
To protect your investment and be proactive, we recommend you have the wood sealed with a good quality OIL-BASED sealant within its first 2 months outside. By being proactive and sealing it soon after set up, you may be able to skip a year or two before having to reapply the sealant. We recommend and sell Super Deck Transparent Sealant. This product penetrates deep into the wood and closes the pores of the wood thus not allowing water in to do damage. This also slows down the natural checking and cracking process. With your proactive actions of sealing, you will enhance the factory stain color before it starts to wear.
General Maintenance of Springfree Trampolines
Your Springfree Trampoline is designed using the highest quality materials, resistant to outdoor weather conditions. However, all products will incur general wear and tear, so it’s important to inspect your trampoline from time to time. Replacing any required parts quickly will ensure the longest life span for your trampoline.
- Material flaws in the mat bed, mat edge system or net
- Missing trampoline rods or rods disconnected from the mat edge
- A bent or broken frame
- Missing plastic edge fittings/ broken cleats
- Enclosure support rods and attachment fittings missing or damaged
- Missing C-clips from the sockets on the frame
- Cracks or flaking in the PV coating encasing the fiberglass rods
It is highly unlikely under normal use that a Springfree FlexiRod™ will ever break or delaminate. Should you notice cracking or flaking on your trampoline rods, rest assured this is most likely sun damage caused to the “sleeve” which is a protective cover inserted over each fiberglass rod during the manufacturing process. While our sleeves are UV treated, over time and depending on the amount of UV exposure they’ve had, they may deteriorate at an accelerated rate.
General Maintenance of Basketball Goal Systems
- Clean backboard using only a 100% Cotton soft cloth and glass cleaner. Clean glass as you would clean household windows. Strong cleansers will damage backboard and void warranty.
- Look over rim for torn back plates, damaged springs, bent rings, damaged eye bolts, and torn or distorted rim supports result from hanging on the rim.
- To ensure ease of operation, lubricate all pivot points at least every 6 months or as needed with a good lubricant such as WD-40.
- Inspect your pole periodically, if rust should appear, remove loose paint, sand lightly, primer and paint with exterior flat matte finish enamel paint.